What is Lightswitch?
Lightswitch is a Home Automation Client for iOS/Android that allows you to control your devices anywhere in the world. Ever forget to turn your lights off when you are away from home? How about turn the outdoor floodlights on but didn’t feel like walking back downstairs to turn them on? Now you can! All you need is Lightswitch certified server and the supporting home automation hardware. The purpose of this program is simple: to allow control of your home automation devices from your iOS/Android with the touch of a finger.
How does it work?
Lightswitch consists of TWO pieces:
- a server application which runs in your house (one listed in System Requirements section on the right)
- the client application which runs on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad/Android device
Why use Lightswitch Mobile Client?
- Control your Home Automation devices from your mobile device anywhere in the world
- No “line-of-sight” needed to control Home Automation devices
- You are already using Home Automation and own a cool mobile device so now you can take it to the next level
- Costs less than one Home Automation Appliance
What does it look like?
Below are screenshots from Lightswitch on iOS and Android